This volume provides a comprehensive survey of the unity and diversity behind biblical conceptions of “God.” This is accomplished by respecting the distinctive theology of each canonical book and by placing reflection about God in conversation with major themes of biblical theology–Christology, pneumatology, anthropology. Four essays examine the Old Testament images of God while ten essays address the way in which God is presented in the New Testament. The volume is rounded off with an essay exploring biblical preaching about God.
Release Date: July 30, 2002
- Catholic Biblical Quarterly (2003) – Eugene Hensell
- Interpretation (2004) – Walter Brueggemann
- Modern Believing (2004) – Alan Le Grys
- Journal of Theological Studies (2004) – R. W. L. Moberly
- Theology (2004) – Richard Briggs
- Logia (Reformation 2003) – Peter J. Scaer